Friday, July 4, 2014

Girl's Road Trip!












Sunday morning my best girl and I jumped in the car in the wee hours of the morning and headed towards that Mason Dixon Line. We made a quick stop in Ashburn, VA to meet up with my sister, niece and nephew then jumped back on the road, caravan style, to see my mama in Greensboro, NC.
From lazy breakfasts to delicious dinners, each day began and ended on Mom's dreamy screened in porch. We spent one afternoon at the Greensboro Science Center petting stingrays and watching the sharks and another sitting poolside at the Bur Mil Aquatic Center.
 My time with mom and my sister was amazing, but having these moments with my very best girl has been priceless. I've completely disconnected from work this week (no checking the Blackberry!) and it has felt so good. So good. Sometimes I don't realize how much my job occupies my thoughts and literally controls my life in the way it can impact my mood. When I saw the Blackberry hit almost 400 emails I almost checked it. With hands on her hips, head cocked to one side, she looked at me disapprovingly and said "Put it down Mom - you are on vacation." I put it down and haven't touched it again because she's right. I am. Sometimes she's so much smarter than me.

1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful! I wanna sit on that porch too. Precious, priceless times. xx

    ReplyDelete