Saturday, June 28, 2014

Setting the Table With: Votive Candleholders





As I passed by the sale section of Pottery Barn one afternoon I spotted these little votive cups from the corner of my eye. At first I wasn't sure what was more appealing, the different colors and sizes or that clearance tag. Regardless, I grabbed a few four or five. A stop at another Pottery Barn yielded a few more then a trip to West Elm uncovered a few plain glass ones with the most adorable whale on the front. Before I knew it I had amassed a small collection of the sweetest little votives.
 Last weekend I pulled them out to use for an intimate dinner party with friends.  I disassembled an inexpensive supermarket bouquet and used my vintage mustard crocks to anchor the entire setting. A simple tealight illuminated a few while others held one large blossom or a few small blooms.
With a lot of impact for a very small price, these votives will be decorating my dining table all summer long.

1 comment:

  1. Candle holders can certainly add to the ambiance of a setting. I like them. I want to look for some new ones to add to my collection.

    Anita Mas | http://www.acdtreasures.com/default.asp?dept_id=45010

    ReplyDelete